Eating For One
Unless you are pregnant you will be eating for one, therefore your portions should reflect that. A good judge is measuring food about the size of your fist and no more if you are trying to cut back.
Read up on saturated and unsaturated fats. Do you know your cholesterol level? This is essential for healthy living. Many of you will be starting on new diets the first of the year, and remember, most diets don’t last longer than that first month. Make this year about changing your whole self not just how you eat.
If you cant afford a gym membership, work out at home with a video online. No one needs expensive gym equipment to exercise and feel good. Turn on a motivational speech, and get pumped! Its so much fun to be energetic and lively.
- Eating is a physical need, we all know this. Eating excessively is a not a physical need but rather a conscious choice made based on desire for pleasure. Food can trigger the pleasure receptors in our brain just like a drug to an addict. Dopamine rushes in and we enjoy the taste. Its vitally important that we keep control over our relationship with food or it can be more detrimental to your health.
- I have control over what I put into my mouth. Maybe this is the only control I have in my life. I know I didn’t used to. Do you really have control over the food? Or does the food have control of you? Can you control portions, eat healthy choices And everything in moderation?
- Think about it, If you had control, you would be the exact size and weight you desire. I believe most people start a diet with the intention of losing weight or getting to an ideal size. I’ve been on thousands of diets like everyone else and I’m never pleased with them or the results on the scale.
- So maybe it’s not the food or the diet, maybe it’s in our brains. Maybe it’s our self-image. How we see ourselves plays a huge role our food consumption. Our expectations and Along with that is the actual food that we consume.
- I am a 5’2 150 lb woman. When I put it like that, I sound like an overweight short person. Bad combo. However, my weight is evenly proportioned and I carry a lot of muscle, along with being big boned. I could never get down to 120lbs, I’ve tried many many times. My body isn’t meant to be that size. I stopped dieting and started being mindful of what I put into my mouth. I linked together, how I felt with what I ate. I have an extremely sensitive stomach from years of abusing food. I felt good after eating a healthy meal rich in vitamins and minerals. I felt horrible and my stomach was upset after eating fried, fast food. Listen to your gut, it doesn’t lie. My stomach would be upset and I’d be bloated and have stomach cramps. This would make me generally feel terrible, therefore I couldn’t be the best me. Saturated fats are the bad fats found in the rich whole milk, fried foods, prepared foods, and coconut oils, and palm oil. Saturated fat is also known to be linked to an elevated cholesterol levels. Bad cholesterol or LDL low density lipoprotein, is the thick fatty plaque that lines the arteries. Once the artery gets a thick enough layer, it can completely close off preventing blood from going to where it need to go such as the brain or the heart to name a few. This can cause severe lack of oxygen to that specific organ. The brain without oxygen will die, this is known as a stroke. Depending on the part of the brain effected, determines the residual effects on the body. If the heart lacks oxygen, the heart wall will die off, the heart being a muscle, will not be able to effectively pump to get O2 to that specific portion of the heart, the heart can stop. Now that I’ve explained how drinking whole milk can kill you, I advise you switch to 1 or 2%. (Joke) everything in moderation.
- Good cholesterol or HDL- High density lipoprotein or unsaturated fat.This type of cholesterol or fat is good for the body. You can find unsaturated fats in nuts, vegetable oil, and fish. Fish contain essential fatty acids such as Omega 3 And 6 which are heart healthy. It’s good to eat fish weekly. Check out the link at the bottom of the page for more information on fats.
- Once I cleaned up my diet, after more frequently and healthier greens, veggies, and fruits, I looked better and felt better.
- Get to know your salads. Salads come in many varieties. You can have a different salad everyday. Fruits are also good, nature’s desert. Cooking is always beneficial. Cook a nice healthy meal for your family, you’ll appreciate it more and enjoy the taste after you work hard to prepare it and see how much your loved ones enjoy it as well. After all this is about taking care of yourself so you can care for the ones you love properly.
Today I’m going to have 2 egg whites with wheat toast and a banana.
Tomorrow I’m going to have yogurt with granola And fruit toppings.
Thursday Cheerios with blueberries on top with peanut butter toast.
Friday oatmeal with an apple and peanut butter and hard boiled egg.
Saturday-whole grain toast with egg whites, 2 pieces of bacon and OJ
Sunday-Egg white omelet with peppers, spinach, and cheddar cheese, with 1 bacon and wheat toast.
Monday- healthy cereal, 1% milk, banana, yogurt, one piece of wheat toast with 2 sausage
Lunch-remember to eat one healthy snack on between meals.
Baked Chicken breast mixed into a greens salad with vinigarette dressing, Greek yogurt with granola, one chocolate chip cookie, and an apple with baked chips.
Let me know if you guys have any delish suggestions for the rest of the week below. Dinner too!
Let me know what some of your meal choices are. Breakfast is my favorite and the most important. Share your ideas for healthy eating below.
https://www.heart.org/en/healthy-living/healthy-eating/eat-smart/fats/saturated-fats American Heart Association